Out here in the Prairie we have a broader concept of what's "near"
than do folks who live where you can drive 30 miles and be someplace
else. This section includes information about dancing in Iowa and
Send me e-mail if you have
information about nearby dances that can go here!
- in Minneapolis: Swing,
International, Contra and English Country Dancing since 1983.
- The band Duck for the Oyster plays for and calls dances around northwest Wisconsin.
- The Madison,
Wisconsin info page is maintained by Clint Sprott.
- offers an ongoing program of
cultural, educational and participatory folklife activities in rural
- sponsors dances in the Chicago area.
- The Childgrove Country
Dancers homepage contains information about St. Louis area dancing.
- CrossCurrentsis a
non-profit corporation in Kansas City, Missouri dedicated to people
creating their own culture.
- On the Historic Independence
Square, 109 West Lexington Independence, Missouri. Contra Dancing on
the 4th Saturdays.
- The Kansas Contra Dancing site has links to barn dances and contradances in Kansas.
- holds dances in Lawrence,
- Get info from Vicki Pratt
about the dances in
- Contra dances in Lincoln,
Nebraska occur usually on the first Saturday of each month. The
web page, maintained by Martin
Gaskell has some nice photographs taken at Lincoln dances, as well
as links to other folk dance and music events in Lincoln and Omaha.
- Charlie Seelig undertakes to provide a nationwide set of contradance
- Dwayne Johnson maintains the Contra Corners website featuring a clickable USA dance map.
- The Dance Database, a
service of tedcrane.com
provides information on dances by day-of-the-month and by state
simultaneously, together with information on Venues, Bands, People and
- Steve Allen maintains a page of links to folk dance sites on
- Dan Pearl now maintains the NEFFA Homepage, with
information and schedules for the New England Folk Festival.
- Dance Flurry takes place in mid winter in the Albany, New York area.
Last Revised: Tue Aug 13 2013
alex at cibd dot org